1) My campaign to beat Alec Shelbrooke has already started—before he was even elected I campaigned for Colin Burgon and James Lewis. It will continue until Elmet and Rothwell is Labour.
2) I already live in the constituency and if elected pledge to open a local office in the heart of the constituency with paid staff earning at least the Living Wage and offer an Apprenticeship Programme in my office.
3) I will work in partnership with ALL local members, encouraging and supporting activists in a friendly atmosphere with mutual respect.
4) I will campaign and work hard all year round—on the doorstep, phones, in the media, at community events and on social media and the internet. As I already do.
5) I will ensure we get the resources we need to win by working with the Labour Party, members, businesses and every trade union without fear or favour.
And I’ve already got a real record of success in Elmet and Rothwell by beating the Liberal Democrats to win my council seat in Rothwell.